Tuesday, September 25, 2007

wiki means quicki (in Hawaiian)

week 7 thing 15

I found it a bit disturbing to learn that wikis can be altered by anyone and the information isn't necessarily trustworthy. I knew that wikipedia might not have completely reliable information
because anyone can post to it, but finding out an entry can be edited by someone other than the original postee was weird. Most of the comments I've read from some of the very tech savvy bloggers had mostly good things to say about wikis, so I'm keeping an open mind about them.

I looked at the booklovers wiki and found it to be another great resource for reader's advisory and potential book club books. The ALA wiki was interesting and useful for conference planners and attendees. I tried exploring some wikis on my own, but they all seemed to require registration, so I got frustrated and stopped. I did try to register for the booklovers wiki , but upon trying to login (three separate times) it kept telling me it was trying to verify my e-mail address.

No comments: